Weekend Away With The Girls

Tuesday 12 February 2019





I'm a little bit of a dreamer, I always have these ideas I want to do but talk myself out of it. I am on a mission to go away on more little trips as I'm such a hermit and spend so much time at home. Last September I mentioned to my girl friends that I really wanted to do a weekend away, stay somewhere like a cabin and be a bit boujee by finding somewhere with a hot. They are like the in thing right now and Instagram just makes them look pretty. We don't all live around the same area and being adults and all we barely get time when the six of us can hang out. Its not like when we were back in school and could hang out most of the time. So we all decided that we'd free a weekend in our diaries and go somewhere for a little reunion. Towards the end of last year I was feeling extremely lonely and like I'd lost contact with everyone. So I really do value the time I get to spend with the people I care about. We of course always had so much to talk about and bought a large supply of Prosecco (or beer for Ania).




A few of us did some research and Zoe (expert in making lists - she loves them!) found the most beautiful Eco friendly place near South Cove in Suffolk/Norfolk on airbnb called Rumi's Fields. I've never stayed in an airbnb before, I've only gen to hotels. I'm not cool enough to book trendy places. So I guess you could say I had a pretty good experience for my first one! It was so big and just the decor was interior goals. It's the type of place you would see on Pinterest and think damn I wish that was my house. The right combination of modern but with hints of character. And it was surrounded by fields, there was nothing in sight and I loved that. I hardly ever get to escape and feel fully relaxed. But I felt so calm and was constantly looking outside, I mean how could you not when that is the view from the window. It must be so beautiful in the summer. 







The hot tub proved to be a little tricky to figure out how to use. As the house was Eco friendly the hot tub was powered by a log burner. I've never had to start a fire in my life (told you I'm not an outdoors kind of gal) so was absolutely hopeless and we completely failed getting it to stay alight the first night. In our defence it was windy as, raining and pitch black when we got there. I wish I got pictures of the three of us huddled around trying to light a match. Thankfully Ania and Zoe knew what they were doing and managed to get it working on the second night. Although it took four hours to get to the right temperature. I didn't actually go in it in the end but they all raved about it as they drank prosecco till late. Oh and spent so much time in there that they look like prunes when they got out. But you've got to make the most of it right!




I would highly recommend staying at this place, I think I can speak on behalf of all the girls when I say we wish we had booked the place for longer. The time went far too quickly! They've all been there for me through really hard times and somehow put up with my weirdo self. I now want to book another weekend somewhere. My boyfriend and I really need a break away at some point. I;m officially an airbnb fan now.


No comments:

Post a Comment