Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 08

Saturday 21 March 2015

 




I'm a bit disappointed with this one. I've wanted to try out one of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets for quite a while so was really excited. But the only word I can use to describe what I think about it is meh. Sure the matte finish is lovely, the applicator is really nice to use and the colour is pretty long lasting. I bought it in the shade 08 Grand Cru as in the bottle it looked to me like a really nice burgundy toned red. However it's a lot cooler toned then I thought and it's pretty similar to my Maybelline lipstick I already own. I'm still getting used to wearing red lipstick but I do really like it.
I cannot deal with the smell of this product. I don't even know how to describe it, it's like a dodgy felt tip pen. Not nice. Also it doesn't apply an even layer onto my lips, as you can see from the swatch on my hand it just doesn't apply evenly. And it's not as thick as I thought it was going to be. Its a tad messy to work with as well, it can get everywhere. And being the most unprofessional lipstick/lip gloss applier ever I need all the help I can get!!
Meh I don't know I'm not that impressed, but I'm determined to use it. I'm still on the hunt for a burgundy lipstick, any suggestions??

1 comment:

  1. It's such a pretty color though! Such a shame about it being a disappointment though. Sorry no suggestions here I usually stick to pinks and nudes >_<
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete