Reading Festival 2015

Monday 31 August 2015


 





So I've had 4 hours sleep but I now have a severe case of post Reading blues. This was my third time going to Reading for the entire weekend and it was fucking amazing (sorry but the swear word was necessary). Even with the enormous amount of mud and the hell known as the toilets it was honestly a weekend I'll never forget. I just love seeing music live, it's a feeling you just can't beat. I don't know whether anyone is interested but here are the bands and acts I managed to catch:

Friday
Mariachi and the Bronx, Hunter & the Bear, Panic at the Disco, Don Broco, All Time Low, Bastille, Limp Bizkit, Mumford & Sons

Saturday
Nothing But Thieves, Marmozets, Modestep, As It Is, And So I Watch You From Afar, Royal Blood, Everything Everything, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Twin Atlantic, Metallica

Sunday
Black Foxxes, Fort Hope, Ghostpoet, Mooseblood, Mini Mansions, Jack Garrat, Coasts, We Are the Ocean, Manchester Orchestra, Kendrick Lemar, Little Comets, Frank Turner, Refused

So quite a mixture of bands seen and that's what makes Reading so amazing. You can go from seeing a heavy metal band in one tent to a dance act in the next it's celebrates such an eclectic mix which I fully appreciate. Highlights for me, by far Royal Blood were the best act, what an incredible atmosphere. I really didn't want their set to end. Also probably a little bias as they are one of my favourite bands but Twin Atlantic were on point!! Frank Turner was also incredible to see especially acoustic. I'm also chuffed I can finally say I've seen Refused and Limp Bizkit. Discovering new bands is always the best part, Mooseblood I really enjoyed seeing.
In terms of headliners both acts I saw were incredible. Mumford and Sons are my best friend Charlotte's favourite band so it made me think of her. Listening to them just made me so happy. Downloading some songs now. And Metallica well they're Metallica enough said. The set seemed to last an eternity though my feet were giving up half way through and I didn't catch all of them. I didn't see the Libertines as I'm not really bothered about their music but I've heard they were amazing too.

A weekend of music, mud, cider, dancing, singing, glitter and floral crowns galore, what a treat. I now can't wait for the next time I go even though I felt extremely old there and I'm only 21!!


3 comments:

  1. I love reading when i went a couple of years ago, glad you had fun!

    halcyonvelvet.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww its just too much fun :) thanks so much for commenting! x

      Delete
  2. Great post and fab photos! Doing a festival is definitely on my bucket list! :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete