Slam Dunk Festival 2015

Monday 25 May 2015




 




I'd never been to Slam Dunk before so I kind of didn't know what to expect. Slam Dunk is a day festival that tours the UK playing in the North and South. I of course went to the South day in Hatfield at the University of Hertfordshire (home sweet home, well its kind of up the road from Watford). To me it's a mini version of what I would imagine Download festival to be like. Lizzie and I arrived a little late *2 hours* so we didn't know what was happening and tried to locate each stage. We ended up spending most of our time at the main stage as that was where the bands we both like were playing.
The band we both really wanted to see were Lower Than Atlantis as I have mentioned before I love their music. Mike (vocals) tried to do an acoustic set within the crowd but it kind of failed as the guitar cut out. He has such banter with the crowd as well, we're already planning to see them again this year. The other band I was really excited to see were Don Broco, I've never really had the chance to catch them (saw them briefly at Reading festival a couple of years ago). I simply love them, their music is so catchy and fun. They opened with Money Power Fame which is my favourite song of theirs. Plus the singer's shirt was just on point :P. It was almost ruined by the most annoying group of drunken lads pushing each other behind us. The headliner was You Me At Six who are Lizzie's favourites and they surprised me. I don't really know their music but I had a great time and now I'm currently listening to them. So late joining the bandwagon. We also saw a bit of Cartel and Gallows who I also really enjoyed.
I had to take a photo of the dinner we both had, pork and stuffing baguette. It was sooo good, for festival food it weren't half bad. My diet for the day mainly consisted of cider, I got through quite a lot. My throat is suffering a bit now but I had such a fun day. If your into your 'rock' music then I would highly recommend going with a group of your friends, I promise you'll have a wicked day out.

No comments:

Post a Comment