MAC Diva The Perfect Berry Lip

Wednesday 9 September 2015



As Autumn is approaching (cue me getting really excited) I have decided that I need to switch things up a bit. I plan to apply this to all aspects of my life. But for now lets begin with make up. Lately I've been well lets say lazy with beauty, practically wearing the same look for months now. Well no more Katie you need to branch out a bit more. And to start with I'm finally trying out an Autumn trend that has been popular for years, the berry lip. Plus I purchased another MAC lipstick, three and counting guys, check me out!

 

MAC stores kind of terrify me. The staff have always been pleasant whenever I've ventured into a store but there's just always so many people and it's a tad overwhelming at times. Plus half the time I have no idea what I am looking for and all I want to do is simply browse. I had a sudden spontaneous moment went into the store in Covent Garden and found the perfect berry shade to begin experimenting with. I'm a sucker for a matte lip so I just had to try out Diva. It's a beautiful deep berry red and let's just say ladies and gentleman I think I may have fallen in love. I never thought I'd ever like a dark lip colour on me. But you know what I don't think it looks that bad. To make life a bit easier when applying I've been using the detailer brush by Real Techniques to apply an outline to the lips and then filling it in. I'm not skilled enough to go freehand! It's soft, has amazing colour and isn't drying at all.


 
Even my dad complimented this lipstick and to get a compliment is a rarity. Seems everyone loves a bit of a Diva, pun fully intended.

What other berry lipsticks would you recommend?? I can see a dangerous obsession beginning.




6 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous berry lip and so perfect for the new season! I'm yet to own a MAC lipstick as I simply can't decide which one to get and the MAC stores intimidate me too. I've never thought to use my detailer brush from RT for lips - but definitely will after reading this. My current fave berry shade is NARS' Audacious Lipstick in Charlotte :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a hard decision to make. Oh I'm glad it's not just me haha. Oh okay I haven't heard of that shade but definitely going to check it out. Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  2. This is such a lush shade! It really suits you! After reading this I want to give the real techniques brush a go! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :) its a lifesaver for me aha x

      Delete
  3. This colour really suits you, i love it. Great post!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete