Great Divide

Tuesday 26 August 2014





I don't if this is of any interest to anyone, but I want to write things I'm personally interested in and it may give you an incite into what I like a bit more. So being the music junkie I am, I just felt I had to write about my excitement for an album I have been waiting to get my grubby hands on for what feels like forever!!. The album is called Great Divide by the glorious Twin Atlantic. If you don't know who Twin Atlantic are then they are a four piece rock band from Scotland. My friend introduced me to them a couple of years ago and I've been hooked ever since.

Total number of times I've seen them- 4 (I hope to see them again soon)

I would highly recommend this album!! I mean to be honest I doubt I'm going to hate any song they release. This album seems to have a very versatile sounds compared to their last album. I love the fact they create songs that easy to listen to, chorus' you can grasp straight away and the occasional really heavy guitar parts.

The lyrics I love as I feel like they're written for a purpose. So many songs in my opinion nowadays feature lyrics that don't really mean anything, only saying what people think is the norm. Globalisolation and Be a Kid are the perfect examples of lyrics I think are interesting to listen to. If you want a fun song listen to I am an Animal, I bet you can't get through the whole song without doing some form of dancing haha (challenge accepted??)

Heart and Soul and Brothers and Sisters are singles that you may have heard on the radio.

They're a band that are quickly rising in popularity and fully deserve it. I would highly recommend giving this album a listen. Anyone else a Twin Atlantic fan??


No comments:

Post a Comment