A Duo of Disappointing Mascaras

Thursday 6 November 2014

 
 




Mascara is like my ultimate make up piece. I reckon if I were only allowed to wear one piece of make up it would be mascara, concealer would be a very strong contender though!. I'm quite lucky in the sense that my eye lashes are quite long but a mascara just instantly transforms the way your eyes look. Well that's my opinion anyway...

Now I don't know whether the reason I haven't liked these mascara's is that I'm still sulking that I've ran out of the Benefit They're Real and the Maybelline Rocket but the mascara's I've tried recently just haven't delivered. You can't love everything right.

First up is the L'Oreal Mega Volume Waterproof Miss Manga. I was so excited to buy this as I' heard great things, but I am left so disappointed. I don't like the wand at all. It bends and is what I can only describe as wobbly. I don't know if that's to make application easier but every time I use it I have visions of the wand snapping. Now I won't deny it creates beautiful length to my lashes but it makes them look so thin! I love having thicker looking lashes so it just doesn't work. Maybe if I find a mascara that  adds thickness I could use this. But on it's on it creates an effect I personally don't like.

The second is Scandal Eyes by Rimmel. This was an emergency buy from Asda when I'd totally ran out of mascara, all hell broke loose haha. It's just so clumpy and messy to work with. It's left clumps of mascara on my lashes. The brush is a lot more sturdier then the L'Oreal one but to me it makes my lashes look messy.

I think I may revert back to buying the Maybelline mascaras for now. Has anyone got any mascara recommendations??

I've had such a nice day off roaming London. I'll write more about that soon.



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest reviews. I actually don't really use mascara so I don't have any recommendations, but maybelline is not too bad

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once you've used Benefit They're Real nothing else can live up to it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, these mascaras aren't good at all! It's difficult to find good ones that are worth the money! In my opinion, the No7 mascaras are fantastic value, because they do a great job and are just over £10! It might be something worth considering! x

    Rhiannon Talks - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing such an honest review!! <3

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such trouble finding drugstore mascaras that actually work well, and these are two good examples! Will definitely be checking out the Maybelline one you mentioned tho!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been a fan of Rimmel mascara really! I use Maybelline Great Lash (among many) which is amazing for the price- I think it's like a fiver x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post! <3

    x Maria
    New outfit post up on my blog
    featuring MY NEW BOYFRIEND BLAZER

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mascara is my go to makeup product as well, so I really want something fantastic. However, I have the Scandaleyes with the curved brush. It works quite well. Happy weekend! :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mascara too - it is my favourite product, cant be without! I quite like Miss Manga - though yes it is definitely lengthening and not volumising. I really want to try the Bourjois 1 seconde one next :) xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete