Lower Than Atlantis 08.12.14

Wednesday 10 December 2014








Another month another gig haha. This was a really exciting one for me as I haven't actually seen these guys before at a gig. I saw them at Reading but I didn't really know who they were. Lower Than Atlantis is a name that has popped up a few times whilst living back at home as they are from my hometown of Watford. During the summer I went on a listening spree and instantly fell for their laid back attitude and catchy tunes. I would highly recommend their new album its so easy to listen to but each song is completely different which is so rare to hear. My personal favourite as I've said before is Here We Go, I'm always attracted to the heavier sounding songs. I literally had no idea what to expect. I find it fascinating going to majority of the gigs I do as I always get looked at as if to say 'what are you doing here' usually by really young teenage girls that literally look like clones of each other. I love dressing in a way that's not like everyone else because people instantly think I don't know who the band are. Definite case of never judge a book by it's cover.
They played a mix of old and new songs which was nice and from start to end the crowd really seemed to love it. I felt like the time they played went far too quickly as before I knew it they'd finished. Mike the singer definitely knows how to get a crowd going and I think he's jokes. Some of the lines he came out with...too funny. Lots of festive tunes being played too as it was a Christmas party after all. Missed my chance to wear my Christmas jumper dammit. Both myself and Lizzie were left feeling happy as both out favourite songs were played.

The day as a whole was fun. I got to catch up with one of my closest friends Lizzie who I don't get to see that often. She is honestly so much fun to hang out with and can make me laugh constantly. We walked around Covent Garden and it's so pretty at Christmas time. If you get the chance to go then do it! She took me to Wagamams for the first time so soo good. I had the chicken katsu curry it was amazing. We then walked around the shops. And can I just say I didn't buy anything, round of applause for me. We went to MAC and it was so hard not to buy anything but I resisted spotted a few things I will get my hands on soon.
I don't know why but it felt weird seeing people from your hometown doing so well, I guess I think that I've probably walked past them and not had a clue who they were haha.. Last week of uni before Christmas break get me home now :)





No comments:

Post a Comment