A Little London Haul

Monday 19 January 2015




 
 




Being a student living near London is a dangerous thing for your bank balance, so many shops so many nice things. I took my best friend Caroline out as it was recently her 21st birthday. I took her to see Wicked and it was amazing!! I forgotten how much I love going to the theatre. We go to a theatre based university so we are more aware of the technical aspects of performances now and it was hard to get out of work mode but it was so much fun. I think I can speak for both of us when I say our favourite thing to do is shopping. We're bad influences on each other. Seriously if I think back to how controlled I was at the beginning of first year I've come a long way (and not in a good way!). I of course bought a few things.

Oxford Street means you have to go to Topshop, it's the rules. I don't know whether its due to the timing being right between winter and spring but I wasn't keen on much. I was on the hunt for a burgundy coloured fedora but failed. Instead I bought a few things. First I picked up a nail varnish from the matte range as Caroline had told me about them. I of course went for a purple colour as I'm obsessed. It's the shade Chico Latino. My favourite kind of purple. I picked up this monochrome striped dress as it's really simple and easy to wear. Its a jumper material so should keep me warm during the colder months. I am a massive fan of stripes right now as they are really simple to wear and I think they go with pretty much anything. I used to be afraid of wearing stripes as I thought they made me look wider but now I can't get enough of them. I got Topshop jeans in the sale. I seem to be on a roll in the sales at the moment. I thought I would have a look and see if there was anything and I found my size in Topshop Jamie jeans. I've wanted Jamie jeans for ages so I couldn't miss this opportunity and they fit like a dream so it was meant to be. For £15 you can't go wrong.
We also went to Primark. It was so weird going in there as a customer after having worked there over the Christmas period. Right it's Caroline's fault for me picking up these pair of boots. But they are me in a nutshell. I have wanted chunky lace up boots for a long time. They are the perfect grungy style which I absolutely love. They have a zip at the side so they are easy to get on. I think with the striped dress they are gonna be a really good outfit. Hopefully I'll get an outfit post up soon. I also got some pyjamas because I desperately needed some. I love the colours in this pair and I usually don't go for shorts and vest but I liked them. I stupidly got a dodgy pair though and bought the shorts in a size 18/20. However they tie at the waist and they are really comfy so I can live with them.

Oh London you never disappoint.


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe those boots are from Primark, that shop is seriously upping its game! also I'm so jealous you got Jamie Jeans in the sale! I literally live in mine! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are on point right now. I love the Jamie Jeans, I felt like it was a sign haha :) x

      Delete
  2. Great haul, I love the boots!! <3

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the primark boots!

    Carolyn x
    http://carolynssimplelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete