Sometimes You Need A Break

Friday 23 January 2015





Being in third year of uni is hard! I can't sugar coat as there is so much to do in so little time. I feel like there is an ever growing list of assignments to complete and I finish in June. The toll of stress is definitely taking its toll on me. My sleeping pattern is completely ruined which is unlike me, my eating got ridiculous last term (although I'm working on that currently) and I'm breaking out constantly on my face. However I knew it was going be a challenge so I can't be too surprised. I guess I wish I had or perhaps need a bit of a wake up call.
I'm starting to realise though that I definitely need to make sure I take breaks. I stress myself about so many things that its taking it toll on me. Today was the perfect example. So I'm in my room trying to write words for my dissertation and literally nothing is happening. Not one drop of inspiration. I could feel myself getting so worked up I was on the verge of crying. My friend messaged me and said would I like to go out for a walk around Greenwich. And you know what, it was the best thing.  Walking around Greenwich was what I needed as it cleared my head and just allowed me to spend some time outside soaking up my surroundings. Greenwich park and the area in general to me just has such positive vibes. I always feel happy going there and I could see me potentially living there in the future *dream on*.

I have to somehow find the balance between being on top of my work and having breaks so I don't go crazy. Third year you are proving to be a bit of a bitch at times.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing a third year abroad and its suppose to be a lot easier yet I'm feeling the stress. Hang in there girl, it might be crazy but im sure you'll emerge strong!
    <3

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking breaks is something I nearly always forget to do! But it's a really important thing for survival! Good luck, you can do it!

    ~Cielo | Building The Confidence

    ReplyDelete