The Mindsweep and reaching 100 followers

Thursday 22 January 2015

 




 
 
I cannot express how excited I was for the release of this album. The Mindsweep is the fourth album released from the band Enter Shikari. Shikari quickly became one of my favourite bands when I discovered them back in late 2012. I think the reason why I love them is because they simply create music like no other band and write about topics I never knew about. I find it hard to put music into genres anyway but you literally can't with this band, there's so much going on. Its almost like their music shouldn't work as they put so many styles together but it is just sheer brilliance. They are also four genuine nice guys, I went to an album signing a few years ago and they were really friendly and genuinely happy to see everyone. Plus they are wicked live, seriously if you get the chance to see them do it, I promise you you'll have an amazing time! I'm seeing them next month in Camden for the 8th time and I won't be stopping soon aha.
So the Mindsweep came out this Monday (the 19th) and it had been eagerly awaited by all Shikari fans. It's very different to the albums they have previously bought out which I love, yet you can tell that the band have put their trademark style on it. I'm gonna sound geeky here but I love the fact there are so many instruments on the album, like there's some brass and woodwind. It makes me miss playing the flute aha. The lyrics as well are something special, Rou (the singer) is so unique in what he writes. It's full of passion and is about topics you can tell he has a genuine love for.
As soon as the album starts I literally had goose bumps. The Appeal and Mindsweep I has such an atmospheric intro that your attention is completely captured and as soon as Rou starts speaking it just goes up a whole new level. I love the fact they created a second version of the same tune for the last song on the album as it creates an amazing contrast. I also love the song Torn Apart as there is simply a beat in it that I find so catchy and I think is going to be amazing when it drops seeing them live. I also love the song Anaesthetist I just love the mix of Dubstep and heaviness.  Heck who am I kidding I love all the songs on the album. I went on a bit of a mad one and ordered the album, DVD and the vinyl. Yeah I don't even own a vinyl player but it was far too pretty to not purchase. Plus my aim once I move to my first flat/home is to buy myself a record player, so I got to start collecting right...
 
So as you can see I have tweaked the layout and I think it looks a lot nicer. I thought I would treat myself as I have reached 100 followers on BlogLovin. So cheers everyone, seriously you don't know how happy I am. I don't know how you put up with me :)
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I seriously need to listen to Enter Shikari, I've heard so many people talk about how amazing they are and about this album in particular. Congrats on 100 followers!

    Carolyn x
    http://carolynssimplelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend them enough and this album is special :), thank you :) x

      Delete